There is exciting news for Android users who own ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids and an Android cell phone – Google and ReSound have now teamed up to develop a technology called Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids (ASHA). This means that cellphone calls and audio can now be streamed directly to your hearing aid with a compatible device.
Additionally, ASHA technology utilizes low energy Bluetooth to reduce energy usage and prolong your device battery life while providing you with a reliable audio streaming experience.
Compatible Mobile Devices
Android 10 users with compatible devices and the latest Resound LiNX Quattro hearing aids can now stream music and calls directly to their hearing aid devices without the use of a telecoil. This new feature is currently available on Google Pixel 3s, Google Pixel 4s, Samsung Galaxy 9s, and Samsung Galaxy 10s.
Streaming Compatible Hearing Aids
Resound LiNX Quattro hearing aids are amongst the first to be compatible with Android 10 for the full spectrum of streaming features. These rechargeable hearing aids come in a variety of models, provide top-notch sound quality, and offers audio streaming capability.
These innovative hearing aids make it easier for users to engage in phone calls comfortably. ReSound LiNX Quattro effectively eliminate the struggle of having to choose between wearing hearing aids or using headphones when you want to listen to music privately while at the gym, on public transportation, or any other place where headphones are desired.
How to Stream Music and Calls
Check device compatibility and pair your LiNX Quattro hearing aids with your phone by following these steps:
- Download the ReSound Smart 3D app from the Google Play Store.
- After the app completes the installation, open it, and click “Get Started.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up your app and to pair your device to your hearing aids.
Next, you will see one of the following notifications:
- All Connected- this means your hearing aids and mobile device are successfully paired and should be ready for use.
- Setting Changes Required- If your app displays a red flag next to “status,” “My ReSound,” and “Direct Audio Streaming,” then your device did not pair correctly and may require setting changes.
- Not Compatible- Unfortunately, if your app displays a red flag next to both “My ReSound” and “Direct Audio Streaming,” that indicates that your device and hearing aid are not compatible.
The ReSound Smart 3D app has been available on the Play Store for a while, enabling users to control volume and programs. The latest update features advanced audio capabilities for calls and music. Even though Android and Apple are direct competitors, they often achieve technological milestones at different rates. Resound Smart 3D app is also available on the Apple App Store; Apple iPhone users have had the luxury of being able to stream music to their hearing aids since 2013. ReSound LiNX Quattro featuring ASHA technology now provides Android users with the same level of direct audio streaming for hearing aids.
At Cornerstone Audiology, our team of highly trained audiologists is here to help you. If you have any questions about your hearing, hearing aids, or are interested in upgrading your hearing aids, please reach out to us. We can help you choose the right hearing aid for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.