Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
I actually love Valentine’s Day. Growing up, my mom always gave us small treats, and I do the same for my boys on the morning of Valentine’s Day. I remember my grandmother always having Whitman’s Chocolate for Valentine’s Day. These special chocolates were displayed so beautifully in a divided yellow box with a lid that labeled each one so that there were NO SURPRISES! I loved that candy!
Cheers to our patients today, and may you know that you are so special to us! We hope you have a great day!
Did you know that we are offering a special Loved One Hearing Event? Call our office to schedule a loved one for a hearing evaluation and receive 2 free movie tickets this week only! We can’t wait to meet your closest friends and family members!
HEARING HEALTH TIP
Just a reminder to always carry a pair of earplugs with you in case you find yourself in an extremely noisy situation.
This is very important for those in our area with noisy jobs or hobbies.
Protect those ears! Hearing loss is irreversible.
MEET THE TEAM:
DR. MARISHA BECK, CH-TM
Dr. Beck works in our Big Spring and Snyder offices.
She has been with Cornerstone Audiology since June of 2018 and brings a great deal of experience to our team from her time working at the VA as well as her personal experience with hearing loss.
Dr. Beck loves to spend time with her family and is very involved in the community. She recently received the designation CH-TM or Certificate Holder in Tinnitus Management awarded through the American Board of Audiology (ABA). She is the only certificate holder in West Texas.
Dr. Beck is passionate about helping patients with tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and hearing loss.
Call to schedule your assessment today!
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Slow Cooker Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, green chile powder if you can find it
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces diced green chiles
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt, 2% or full fat may also be used
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro and lime wedges for serving
1. Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions for 3 minutes then add in the grated garlic and sauté another minute. Add them into to the slow cooker.
2. Add the ingredients through the cannellini beans into the slow cooker, stir, cover with the lid and set on low for approximately 6 hours, medium for 4 hours or high for 3 hours.
3. When the time is up remove the chicken breasts and let them cool for several minutes before shredding. Add the corn into the slow cooker.
4. While the chicken cools, whisk together the cream cheese and yogurt in a medium sized bowl until combined. Ladle some of the broth into the bowl and whisk until the yogurt/cream cheese mixture warms and thins out.
Such a yummy dinner option! Reply to this email with your favorite recipe, and it could be featured in our newsletter! We love trying new patient recipes!
PATIENT OF THE MONTH:
Dr. Wann provides hearing aid cleanings and batteries to our patients at Raider Ranch the last Wednesday of every month. Betty Bingham is always a joyful smile to see along with our other patients we see there!
(second from left)
Ashleigh is new to the Cornerstone team and is the new friendly face in the Service Center. We are so delighted to have her on board. Have you had the opportunity to meet her? Stop by the Service Center and introduce yourself!
She loves spending time with her family and sweet puppies, Missy, and Duke.
NEW PATIENT RESOURCES
The Impact of an Untreated Hearing Loss on Relationships
Every relationship goes through its fair share of ups and downs, but if those downs are hearing-loss related, then here’s what you can do…
3 LOCATIONS TO SERVE WEST TEXAS
AND THAT’S ALL FOR NOW
Thank you for taking the time to read our newsletter – we hope it’s been an enjoyable read.
If you have any concerns about your family’s hearing health, book an appointment by calling us at (806) 687-4327, or request a callback by clicking the button below.
Until next month, Dr. Julie Hubik and the team at Cornerstone Audiology send you all their love this Valentine’s season.